Audix f9 is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone, featuring clear, accurate response. The f9 microphone is an excellent choice for cymbals, overhead, percussion table and ambient room miking, as it is ideally suited for many coustic instruments.
The f9 captures instrument acoustics and simultaneously isolates their sounds from the rest of the instruments on stage, due to a uniformly controlled cardioid polar pattern. The f9 mic is equipped with a 16mm pre-polarized capsule with a gold vapor diaphragm and a frequency response of 40Hz-20kHz.
The f9 is easy to position, durable, and manufactured with high standards and tight tolerances. The f9’s roadworthy construction includes a precision-cast zinc-alloy body, black finish, laser-etched model number, steel mesh grill, gold XLR connector, and a tension-fit heavy-duty nylon mic clip.
- Excellent multi-purpose instrument microphone for stage and studio
- Tough, precision-cast zinc alloy casing and steel mesh grill
- Suited to a wide variety of acoustic instruments
- Cardioid polar pattern gives good isolation from surrounding instruments
- Small, and easy to position
- Built in the U.S.
- Requires Phantom Power (12-48 Volts)
- Transducer Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency response: 40Hz-20kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 8 mV/Pa@1k
- Capsule technology: Gold vapor diaphragm
- Off-axis rejection: ≥ 24dB
- Noise floor: 22dB (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 72dB
- Dynamic range: 115dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥ 137dB
- Power requirements: 12-48V phantom power
- Connector: 3-pin gold-plated male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing: Cast zinc alloy
- Finish: Black coat
- Weight: 3.2 oz. (91 g)
- Length: 4-3/8″ (111 mm)