Roland CD-2u is compact and ready to travel, ideal for mobile audio recording, learning music and languages, and much more. The CD-2u features an integrated high-quality stereo microphone, making it easy to capture audio anywhere. Built-in, high-performance stereo speakers provide convenient sound playback of recordings, music, lesson material, and more.
The CD-2u also provides connections to integrate external devices for various applications. Two XLR/TRS combo jacks allow users to connect their own microphones, with phantom power available if needed. Theres also a stereo mini-mic jack with Plug In Power, plus stereo RCA LINE IN jacks for connecting an instrument, music player, or other audio sources.
- Easy CD/SD recording and CD burning in an all-in-one mobile device
- High-quality stereo microphone and speaker system built in
- Records direct to CD-R/RW discs or SD/SDHC memory card
- Simple interface with Easy Guide function
- Multiple inputs for connecting external devices – two XLR/TRS combo jacks with phantom power; Plug In Power mic jack; stereo RCA LINE IN jacks
- Independent adjustment of playback speed and key, with improved audio quality over previous designs
- Enhanced Center Cancel function; new Center Focus isolates vocals and instruments for learning
- Built-in tuner and metronome
- Runs on included AC adaptor or six AA batteries (AC adaptor required for CDplayback/recording)
- Wireless remote control included
- Tracks: 2 tracks (stereo)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Signal Processing:
AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Recording Mode:
SD/SDHC Memory Card: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits) CD-R, CD-RW: Audio CD
- Recording Media: SD Memory Card (supports 512 MB to 2 GB) SDHC Memory Card (supports 4 GB to 16 GB) CD-R CD-RW
- Recording Time (unit: min): CD-R or CD-RW disc 650 MB: 74 700 MB: 80 SD Memory Card 512 MB: 47 1 GB: 94 2 GB: 189 SDHC Memory Card 4 GB: 377 8 GB: 755 16 GB: 1511 * Each recording time is approximate. The times may change depending on the card specifications. * In case that there are plural files, the sum of recording time would be shorter than above. * Maximum recording time of one song is 74 minutes.
- Recording Songs: Up to 99 songs on a single SD/SDHC Memory Card, CD-R, or CD-RW
- Audio Input: Internal Stereo Microphones Internal Stereo Microphones EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: XLR type (balanced/phantom power DC 48 V, 8 mA Max.), 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced/unbalanced) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: Stereo miniature phone type LINE IN (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0 dB/-2 dB)
- Nominal Input Level (variable): EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: -51 to -8 dBu (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: -51 to -13 dBu LINE IN (L, R) jacks: -24 to -4 dBu
- Input Impedance: EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: 8 k ohms (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack : 20 k ohms LINE IN (L, R) jacks: 9 k ohms
- Output Impedance: LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: 1 k ohm PHONES jack: 32 ohms
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Power Supply: AC adaptor Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (HR6) x 6
- Current Draw: 1000 mA * Expected battery life under continuous use Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 5.5 hours Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): Approx. 6 hours The time may vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of SD memory card used.
- Accessories: Owner’s Manual Quick Start Remote controller (with battery CR2025) AC adaptor Power cord SD memory card SD card protector CD-R Disc (Blank media)
- Options (sold separately):
Carrying Case: CB-CD2E Stereo Microphone: CS-15RS Stand: SS-PC1
Size and Weight (excluding batteries and AC adaptor)
- Width: 278 mm / 11 inches
- Depth: 196 mm / 7-3/4 inches
- Height: 55 mm / 2-3/16 inches
- Weight: 1.4 kg / 3 lbs. 2 oz.